Policy and Procedures
POLICY AND PROCEDURES FOR
RESERVING MELVILLE HALL FOR A RECEPTION
If you plan to reserve Melville Hall for your wedding
reception, please note the following:
- A completed and signed Applications including the year
of his/her graduation from the Academy. If not applicable
indicate your Eligibility status.
- List at least 2 alternate dates in your application in
case your first choice in not available.
- You should submit your application as soon as you
choose a date. Applications are filed according to oldest
On the first day of each month, all applications
requesting dates in the month of the following year are
officially answered. Requests for a specific date
are granted according to the oldest postmarked
application. This is the reason we request alternate
No verbal approvals for a date have precedence over
written formal requests unless a signed contract
has been executed.
- The Academy reserves the first right to use Melville
Hall for official functions.
On the first day of each month, all letters
requesting dates in the month of the following year, are
officially answered. Requests for a specific date are granted
according to the oldest postmarked letter. This is the reason
we request alternate dates.
No verbal approvals for a date have precedence
over written formal requests.
We will try to accommodate all who request
use of Melville Hall, but be aware; there are sometimes,
extenuating circumstances that may force us to go to an
alternate date. Please be understanding and patient.
Use of Melville Hall/Officers' Club
will be determined as follows:
- Family of Alumnus
- USMMA Faculty/Staff & Family
- Active Duty & Reserve Military & Family
- Merchant Mariner & Family
- Retired Military & Family
- Maritime Associations
- Academy Related Service
- Community Service Organizations
- Non Profit Organizations
- Federal/State/Local Governments
- Community Service Employees
- Academy Benefactors
- All Others, Limited